Beans, Nuts & Seeds
Bread with Starch Gelatinization - Water Roux
Pork-floss Filling Buns
Dough:a: 285 g Bread flour, 40 g Sugar, 1/2 tsp Salt, 6 g Instant dry yeastb: 30 g Whole Egg, 85 ml Warm milk, 84 g Water Roux - Tangzhong Starterc: 22 g Butter
Filling:50-80 g Pork floss
Garnish:1 roll Phyllo pastry cut into 9 cm x 9 cm squaresome Sesame
- Add dough ingredients A and B in a mixing bowl. Mix with dough hook at slow speed for 1 minute. Change to the medium speed, and continue to mix on slow speed for 3 minutes on medium speed until a dough is formed.
- Add butter gradually and mix for approx. 5 minutes on medium speed until gluten is fully developed, i. e. elastic, smooth, non-sticky and leave from sides of mixing bowl.
Ferment the dough in a lightly greased plastic bag for 1 hour, Leave in a warm place until dough is double in volume.
- Punch the dough down to release gases produced in the fermenting process. Divide dough into 60 g portions and round up. Rest for 15 minutes at the room temperature.
- Press each portion into a round and place a tablespoon of pork floss in the middle of dough, seal the edges of the round to make a bun shape.
- Ferment the dough for another 45 minutes until double in volume.
- After fermenting is done, spray some water on the surface, each cover with the phyllo pastry. Brush with whole egg and spread with some sesame.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C/340F for 15-18 minutes until golden in colour. Turn buns on to a wire rack and let cool completely.